SOCIAL SKILLS LESSONS TO IMPROVE EVERYDAY BEHAVIOR. Are you always late? When is it okay to lie? Help students learn about themselves and challenge them to become the best they can be, with these light-hearted and relevant social skills lessons! Each high-interest reading passage is followed by standards-based reading comprehension and sentence writing activities!
Real-life scenarios and sticky social situations challenge students to learn about themselves and the consequences of various behaviors such as: always being late, being unable to forgive, being too nice, and more. They also learn the value of being honest, courageous, easy-going, generous, and optimistic.
and ‘Experts’ offer helpful advice through text messages and keep
things light-hearted and non-threatening. A great way to improve
students’ everyday social skills!
STANDARDS-BASED READING & WRITING ACTIVITIES:
Each social-skills lesson is followed by specific reading comprehension and writing activities that require complete-sentence answers. Additional activities encourage students to 'look within' and relate each scenario to themselves and their own daily actions. Finally, students decide how they might better handle each daily scenario in the future. Questions are clearly labeled with the standard/skill that it meets.
• Locate Information
• Compare & Contrast
• Cause & Effect
• Form Opinions
• Draw Conclusions
• Main Idea
• Make Inferences
• Use Context Clues
• Determine Author’s Viewpoint
• Analyze, Evaluate & Apply
• How do I know if I’m being a good person?
• How can I be honest with my friends without hurting their feelings?
• I never have a good day at school! How can I do better?
• How can I stop being jealous?
• How can I NOT be late all the time?
• I want people to trust me. What can I do?
• How can I be kind without being a doormat?
• Forgiveness is hard. Should I always forgive people?
• Why should I be patient? I hate to wait around!
• Can being optimistic make me happy?
Reading Level: Gr 3 - 4
Interest Level: Gr 6 - 12
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: EREM 6104