Give students hands-on practice with following instructions and using cardinal directions (north, south, east, west) and position in space concepts (around, in front of, between, behind, etc).
Students follow steps to cut, paste, and color furniture and objects on a living room floor plan. Exercises begin with four step-instructions and progress to 14 steps.
Improve listening skills by reading instructions out loud to students. Or improve reading comprehension by providing individual students with the living room floor plan and a set of instructions for them to read and follow the steps.
- Living Room Floor Plan
- Furniture Clip Art
- 13 Sets of Directions
- Extended Activity Suggestions
Skills Covered Include:
- Follow directions
- Read for details
- Understand cardinal directions (north, south, etc.)
- Understand intermediate cardinal directions (northwest, southwest, etc.)
- Understand instructions
- Understand the meaning of words and ideas
- Use fine-motor skills to draw, color, cut, and paste
- Use fine-motor skills to manipulate objects
- Use visual discrimination
- Interpret maps
Terrific for individual students or small groups!
Chapter Slice: This chapter slice is a set of worksheets from Following Directions Around the House. Get the complete eBook here.
This is a whiteboard-ready PDF. You will need to have the current version of Acrobat Reader® installed on your computer. If you do not have Acrobat Reader®, click here to get it for free.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: EREM R4022