Is last week’s pasta safe to eat?
How do I help someone who is choking?
Living a safe life is more than just knowing first aid ... but the last thing on a teen’s mind is the inherent danger in certain situations. Paying attention, thinking ahead, and making good decisions can be challenging for most teens. These relevant and engaging lessons highlight everyday safety situations in a non-threatening and easy-reading style. What does it mean if I’m light-headed while hiking? Is it heatstroke? What should I do in case of a fire? How can I help a friend who drinks too much and passes out… Should I call 911? What should I say?
These relevant lessons teach students how to keep themselves and others safe and take more responsibility for their own well-being. It’s empowering to know that you’re not helpless and are prepared for an emergency. For teens, the information and friendly advice found in this book can mean the difference between them taking action or doing nothing at all.
• Main Idea
• What does that sign mean? Should I pay attention to it?
• How do I know if I’m dehydrated? Do I have heatstroke?
• We’re at a party, my friend is acting weird. What should I do?
• When should I call 911 and what should I say?
• What should I have in a first aid kit and how do I use it?
• What should I do in case of a fire or natural disaster?
• How do I know when having fun becomes risky business?
• How can I make sure I’m safe in the water?
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: EREM 2023AMGC