Designed specifically for the young and young at heart, these delightfully illustrated interactive Google slides and corresponding reading activities focus on the Short A vowel sound and use controlled vocabulary and high frequency sight words.
The colorful and professionally-illustrated slides tell a silly story that is sure to capture student interest... Students are sure to be laughing and learning their way to basic reading skills. These whimsical lessons are sure to appeal to any beginning reader regardless of age... even the older student who still needs additional practice! Check out the Preview to see additional slides.
Reading Level K - 2
Interest Level K and up
Suitable for older students who don't want babyish art on their phonics program.
Ideal for Use with Students Who:
- Are developing the ability to decode monosyllabic words with short vowels
- Are ready to read words in story format
- Need beginning sight word practice
- Are older but still need practice
Fun-to-Read & Complete!
Slides feature a short, colorful story that students will WANT to read! Every lesson is followed by specific activities targeting reading comprehension. A variety of fun formats keep things interesting as students circle correct answers, write sentences, answer questions and more. These highly-visual activities and silly characters are designed to keep students motivated. Ideal for distance learning, daily enrichment, homework, and review!
We've done the work for you! With this ready-to-go set of Google Slides, you won't have to waste valuable time creating a phonics program to help your students succeed. Simply add these Google Slides to your Google Drive Classroom. You can assign specific slides to specific students, or assign to the whole class! Watch students work in real-time, or check their progress later.
Suggestions for Use:
- Individual Students: Use these Google Slides with individual students. If a student is struggling on a particular vowel sound, use these for remediation.
- Small Groups: Use these Google Slides with small groups and literacy circles. Give each group a printed set of the story slides. Have students take turns reading aloud to the others as if they were the teacher. The group can then work on the follow-up activities.
- Whole Classroom: Assign the story to the class to read at home or project it on a whiteboard in class.
If you prefer, these slides can also be printed.
- Print the slides on white paper.
- Laminate the cards for durability.
- Students can use dry erase markers on the laminated slides for additional activities.
- If you chose to print on color paper, you can use a different color for each skill to help differentiate between each skill.
Benefits of Google Slides:
If you've been looking for a way to integrate technology into your lessons, this is your answer. And the best part is you don't have to print, cut, laminate, or replace when you lose pieces....it's ALL DIGITAL!
How do Google Slides Work?
Students read each high-interest lesson on a computer or iPad then answer the questions right on their copy of the slides. Teachers can see students' answers in real time, or review them later. Slides can also be printed and used as colorful classroom worksheets, or projected onto a whiteboard in the classroom. Teachers are able to select specific slides for each individual student, creating customized lessons for each student.
- Answer key
- 22 Google Classroom Slides
- 5 slides of Follow-up Reading Activities
- 9 pages of printable Short A Phonics Activities
- 17 slide Silly Phonetic Story for Reading Practice & Fluency
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: EREM 2022KGC