Improve Comprehension ONE-SKILL--at-a-Time!
You're going to LOVE these NO PREP - PAPERLESS ACTIVITIES guaranteed to target and improve specific reading skills! These Google Slides are ideal for distance learning, daily homework, remediation, review, literacy circles, and more!
High Interest Topics:
Each slide features a funny and/or intriguing short story that students will WANT to read! Cool topics include amazing facts, unusual creatures, silly laws, strange superstitions and more. Following each passage is a text-dependent reading skill question that targets a specific reading skill- Finding Facts. Fun and colorful artwork is included on each slide, to keep kids motivated.
Story Length: 45-55 words
Reading Level: Gr. 1-3
Interest Level: For students of all ages
We've done the work for you! With this series you won't have to waste time searching through stories and activities to find one that targets the skills you need to include in your lesson plan or IEP. Simply add these Google Slides to your Google Drive. Then you can assign specific slides to specific students, or the whole class! Watch students work in real-time, or check their progress later.
These fun, easy-reading lessons are designed for success and intended to appeal to a broad age-range of students who need to work on essential reading skills. Perfect for enrichment, review or remediation!
Save $ with our Reading Strategies Task Cards BUNDLE!
You'll have exactly the right skills for each student with over 90 activities!
- Main Idea
- Using Context
- Finding Facts
- Drawing Conclusions
- Making Inferences
- Detecting Sequence
If you prefer, these slides can also be printed.
- Print full color cards on white paper.
- Laminate the cards for durability.
- If you chose to print on color paper, you can use a different color for each skill to help differentiate between each skill.
Suggestions for Use:
- Individual Students: Use these Google Slides/task cards with individual students. If a student is struggling with finding the main idea, for example, give that student the “Main Idea” cards or Google Slide to practice with.
- Small Groups: Use these Google Slides/cards with small groups. Give each small group a set of cards. Have students take turns reading the stories out loud and answering the questions.
- Extended Activities: Have students read a story and then create their own questions. Can students create who, what, where, when, why questions from the story? Can other skill-specific questions be asked? What details are missing from the story?
- Writing Prompts: Use these fun stories as writing prompts. Give each student a card to read. Have students elaborate on the story. Have students complete the story, add to the story, or research the facts.
Benefits of Google Slides:
If you've been looking for a way to integrate technology into your lessons, this is your answer. And the best part is you don't have to print, cut, laminate, or replace when you lose pieces....it's ALL DIGITAL!
How do Google Slides Work?
Students read each high-interest lesson on a computer or iPad then answer the questions right on their copy of the slides. Teachers can see students' answers in real time, or review them later. Slides can also be printed and used as colorful classroom worksheets, or projected onto a whiteboard in the classroom.
Teachers are able to select specific slides for each individual student, creating customized lessons for each student.
- 16 Google Slides
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: EREM 2022FGC