49 Google Slides featuring Action-packed stories guaranteed to capture and hold student attention and improve essential reading & writing skills. Written in an Active Voice, these exciting stories jump off the pages... making readers feel like they are a part of the adventures. Each intriguing story features an extreme sport, and is followed by step-by-step activities designed to improve reading comprehension, vocabulary, context clues, writing, critical thinking and more!
The truly high-interest topics, low reading levels, and the high degree of review within the exercises, make this set of Google Slides ideal for reluctant readers, those reading below grade level, and teachers who simply want to spice up their reading curriculum.
Reading Level: 1-3
Interest Level: 3-12
Hot Sports Include:
- White-Water Rafting
- Hot-Air Ballooning
- Dirt Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Solar Powered-Car
- Cross-Country Skiing
- Sea Angling
- Choose the correct word / Cloze Reading
- Demonstrate understanding of words and ideas
- Expand vocabulary: antonyms, synonyms, word meaning
- Evaluate information: true/false, opinion
- Find relevant facts
- Follow directions
- Identify the main idea
- Locate the answer
- Make inferences
- Read for details
- Use context clues to derive meaning
- Write an original sentence
The High Interest Reading Series Additional Info:
This set of slides is part of our popular High Interest Reading Series.
fun-loving stories are designed to capture student interest while
building key vocabulary, comprehension, thinking, and writing skills.
Their broad appeal and high degree of review make them suitable for a
variety of ages and reading levels. Each story has been rated according
to the Fry Graph readability scale.*
Each Active Voice story features five components:
1. Vocabulary words to enhance comprehension and for use in additional dictionary or writing activities
2. Cloze practice to improve literal comprehension as well as the ability to use semantic and syntactic clues
3. Story questions to target comprehension and thinking skills
4. Extended Activities to provide simple research and/or writing exercises for students desiring an extra challenge
5. Crossword puzzles to be used for periodic review.
- Exciting Active Voice Stories
- Captivating, Realistic Photos
- Skill-Based Comprehension Questions
- Cloze Reading Activities
-Sentence Writing Activities
- Review Pages
- Extended Activities
- Answer Key
- 49 Google Slides
Benefits of Google Slides:
If you've been looking for a way to integrate technology into your lessons, this is your answer. And the best part is you don't have to print, cut, laminate, or replace when you lose pieces....it's ALL DIGITAL!
How do Google Slides Work?
Students read each high-interest story on a computer or iPad then answer the comprehension questions right on their copy of the slides. Teachers can see students' answers in real time, or review them later. Slides can also be printed and used as colorful classroom worksheets, or shown on a whiteboard.
Your students will love these engaging DIGITAL Google Slides reading lessons! They're perfect for students of all ages, who are reading below grade level.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: EREM 2021SGC