Is the Tasmanian Devil real? Can squirrels really fly? Is the Gila Monster a monster? Featuring awesome animals and creepy creatures, these high-interest / Low Reading level GOOGLE SLIDES are designed for student and teacher success! With a super-low reading level, these activities are sure to motivate even the most reluctant reader!
Simply download these ready-to-use Google Slides to your Google drive then assign them to your students. You can assign the entire set or just the ones for today's lesson. See the Product Preview to see tons of example slides.
Each high interest / low-vocabulary story features a Fascinating Creature or Animal and is followed by step-by-step activities that improve reading comprehension, vocabulary, context clues, writing, critical thinking and more! The truly high-interest topics, low reading levels and the high degree of review with the exercises, make this set of GOOGLE SLIDES ideal for reluctant readers, those reading below grade level, and teachers who simply want to spice up their reading curriculum.
- Interesting Stories
- Captivating, Realistic Photos
- Skill-Based Comprehension Questions
- Cloze-Reading Activities
-Sentence Writing Activities
- Review Pages
- Extended Activities
Reading Level: 1-3
Interest Level: 3-12
12 Fascinating Creatures!:
- Horned Toad
- Flying Squirrel
- Sea Spider
- Gila Monster
- Tasmanian Devil
- Cloze Reading: Choose the correct word
- Demonstrate understanding of words and ideas
- Find relevant facts
- Expand vocabulary
- Evaluate information: true/false, opinion
- Identify the main idea
- Locate the answer
- Make inferences
- Read for details
- Use context clues to derive meaning
- Write an original sentence
Each story features five components:
1. Vocabulary words to enhance comprehension and for use in additional activities.
2. Cloze practice to improve literal comprehension as well as the ability to use semantic and syntactic clues.
3. Story questions to target comprehension and thinking skills.
4. Extended Activities to provide simple research and/or writing exercises for students desiring an extra challenge.
5. Fun Crossword puzzles to be used for periodic review.
Benefits of Google Slides:
If you've been looking for a way to integrate technology into your lessons, this is your answer. And the best part is you don't have to print, cut, laminate, or replace when you lose pieces....it's ALL DIGITAL!
How do Google Slides Work?
Students read each high-interest story on a computer or iPad then answer the comprehension questions right on their copy of the slides. Teachers can see students' answers in real time, or review them later. Slides can also be printed and used as colorful classroom worksheets, or shown on a whiteboard.
What are others saying about "Fascinating Creatures?"
"Some of the best things we've bought for our struggling readers! Very high interest and readable." - Miss Audra
"Used the Bigfoot passage and students really enjoyed learning about it. Great format." - T Hughes
"I really like this resource, and the students REALLY enjoy the stories..." - Stephanie U
"Interesting text!" - Deborah W.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: EREM 2022ASGC