100 Ready-to-use Google Slides to Improve Specific
Reading Skills ONE-SKILL-AT-A-TIME! * MAIN IDEA * CONTEXT CLUES *
INFERENCE * * SEQUENCE * FINDING FACTS * CONCLUSIONS. * You're going to LOVE these easy-to-use, NO PREP - digital activities!
Each slide features a funny or intriguing short story that students will WANT to read! Every passage is followed by a a text-dependent question targeting a specific reading skill. Fun, colorful artwork is included on each slide to keep kids motivated. This simple, easy-to-use format is ideal for distance learning, daily enrichment, homework, review, AND makes assessment a breeze!
We've done the work for you! With this series you won't have to waste time searching through stories and activities to find one that targets the skills you need to include in your lesson plan or IEP. Simply add these Google Slides to your Google Drive Classroom. You can assign specific slides to specific students, or assign to the whole class! Watch students work in real-time, or check their progress later.
These fun, easy-reading lessons are designed for success and will appeal to a broad age-range of students who need to work on essential reading skills.
SAVE MONEY with this COMPLETE BUNDLE!
With 90 activities you're sure to have exactly the right skills for each student! Each of the 90 task cards features a short story with text-dependent questions. There are 15 stories per skill. Each card asks a specific comprehension question—main idea, conclusion, sequence, inference, context, and facts—so that you can focus on one skill at a time!
- Main Idea
- Using Context
- Finding Facts
- Drawing Conclusions
- Making Inferences
- Detecting Sequence
Suggestions for Use:
- Individual Students: Use these Google Slides with individual students. If a student is struggling with finding the main idea, for example, give that student the “Main Idea” cards or Google Slide to practice with.
- Small Groups: Use these Google Slides with small groups. Give each small group a set of cards. Have students take turns reading the stories out loud and answering the questions.
- Extended Activities: Have students read a story and then create their own questions. Can students create who, what, where, when, why questions from the story? Can other skill-specific questions be asked? What details are missing from the story?
- Writing Prompts: Use these fun stories as writing prompts. Give each student a card to read. Have students elaborate on the story. Have students complete the story, add to the story, or research the facts.
If you prefer, these slides can also be printed.
- Print full color cards on white paper.
- Laminate the cards for durability.
- If you chose to print on color paper, you can use a different color for each skill to help differentiate between each skill.
Benefits of Google Slides:
If you've been looking for a way to integrate technology into your lessons, this is your answer. And the best part is you don't have to print, cut, laminate, or replace when you lose pieces....it's ALL DIGITAL!
How do Google Slides Work?
Students read each high-interest lesson on a computer or iPad then answer the questions right on their copy of the slides. Teachers can see students' answers in real time, or review them later. Slides can also be printed and used as colorful classroom worksheets, or projected onto a whiteboard in the classroom. Teachers are able to select specific slides for each individual student, creating customized lessons for each student.
- 102 Slides / Stories & Questions (15 per Skill)
- 55 - 75 Words per Story
- Colorful, Color-Coded Task Cards
- Reading Level 3-5
- Interest Level: suitable for all age groups
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: EREM 2019DCGC